Welcome new followers! Most of you are back to school now, and I’m more than excited to began another year at the marvelous Michigan State University!
September is a tricky time to shop, because we’re all unsure of what exactly to buy. I’ve found that it’s best to stick to light layers, like my look today of a minidress with a kimono for when it’s chilly in the morning but scorching hot as the day goes on.
Thanks for sticking with me through another school year! Look forward to shopping guides, store reviews, and more fabulous outfits!
Though I’d love to post my looks every day, I know for a fact that there are more extremely chic fashionistas out there that I’m DYING to get to know. I’d LOVE LOVE LOVE to see what you guys are wearing too! What I Wear to Class is now officially accepting submissions! If you are proud of an amazing outfit or inspired by someone else’s look, take a pic (with their permission, of course) along with the stores/designers of each piece and send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include your school!
I can’t wait to see what all of you are wearing!
Dress: Forever 21
Kimono: Vintage Thrift Store Find
The ’90s were such a fabulous time for fashion, and now, we’re starting to see some trends reappear in stores today. Overalls, fun florals, crazy prints…fashion is coming full circle this season. Try something new and incorporate some trends from the 90’s in a chic summer outfit!
Jean Vest: Vintage!
July—the hottest month of summer. Every day seems warmer than the last, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to retire the fun looks! A romper is my go-to summer outfit. They’re comfy, effortless, but still absolutely chic. Whether it’s a BBQ, a shopping day, or brunch with your closest friends…a romper is appropriate for almost every summer occasion.
Summer is my favorite time to experiment with new looks and have an incredible time doing so. Put on your most exciting summer look and bask in all of your fabulous-ness!
Sleevless Cardi- Loehmans (they’re going out of business, how tragic!)
Bralett: Forever 21
Belt: Betsey Johnson
Shorts: DIY Project!!!
Tis the season for summer concerts!
The best part about seeing a show, other than the music, is dressing up for the occasion.
Style Tips for Summer Concerts:
1. If it’s inside a venue, never bring a coat. Ever. If it’s chilly out, leave it in the car! A jacket is the biggest inconvenience at a concert, and when you’re dancing and cheering and surrounded by other adorning fans, it will be almost too hot to function! Not to mention the risk of it getting lost/stolen is abnormally high. Leave the coat at home!
2. If the concert is outside, ALWAYS bring a jacket!!! At soon as the sun sets, you will find yourself freezing regardless of your environment. I recommend a jean or leather jacket to sling over your shoulders. It will always come in handy.
3. HEELS ARE THE ENEMY! The amount of standing, jumping, and overall time on your feet is HUGE. If you’re mini dress looks hotter with a pair of stilettos, leave them on for the Instagram picture and then slap on the flats! As if heels weren’t painful enough, at a concert the pain will be unbearable.
4. Cross-body bag or no bag at all! Gripping onto a clutch at a concert will be the worst thing ever, and a shoulder bag will hurt your shoulders and move around far too much.
5. Look your absolute best. Even if you won’t be clubbing with Kanye or grabbing cocktails with Lana after a show, your outfit is your way to express your love for the artist and have the funnest time dressing up. And what if you appear in any concert footage? You wanna look FAB for that.
Bodysuit: Thrift store find. And a damn good one at that.
It finally feels like Spring! As you all know, I’m obsessed with high socks, and Spring is the best season to sport your favorite knee highs with a fun skirt! My other favorite part about Spring however, is the return of the jean jacket. Put out your denim, ladies!!
Jacket: Urban Outfitters
Top: Forever 21
Skirt: American Apparel
Purse: Betsey Johnson